
May 2007 Update: Something I've noticed is a lot of people who get to this page are looking for angry break-up songs. So I'm going to try to keep updating it with a variety of styles of music even though I'm not in a post-break up scenario. Though you could suggest that I'm CONTINUOUSLY in a post-break up scenario... Whatever. I'm disfunctional and will always be so here's the update...
More after the jump.
The newly added songs are here up top.
Amy Winehouse
"Tears Dry on Their Own"
"You Know I'm No Good"
Dixie Chicks
"The Long Way Around"
"Not Ready to Make Nice" -both on Taking the Long Way.
"Tonight The Heartache's On Me" -Wide Open Spaces
"Goodbye Earl" -Fly. Nothing like a little sisterly murder and small business management.
Christina Aguilera
"Here to Stay" -Back to Basics. Never really liked Aguilera until this latest album. Really really like it and her latest classy look.
Elvis Costello
"I Hope You're Happy Now" -Very Best of Elvis Costello
What was previously updated:
Stevie Wonder
"You Haven't Done Nothing"-any ol' greatest hits album. Angry funk is always a good addition.
Marvin Gaye
"That's the Way Love Is"-Greatest Hits... Let Marvin's voice soothe your pain away.
David Bowie
"Queen Bitch"- Life Aquatic Soundtrack... Another jumpy one to kick back with. A kid I was supervising at a movie theater called me a "Queen Ice Bitch." I said "It's good to be the Queen." as well as "At least I'm a Queen and not a servant or something."
The Mavericks
"I Want to Know"-"The Mavericks"
Elvis Costello
"I Hope You're Happy Now"- The Very Best of..
Otis Redding
"Satisfaction"-Best of... Aretha works as well.
Fiona Apple
"Limp" -When the Pawn...
"Paper Bag"-same
"Extraordinary Machine"-Extraordinary Machine
"Window"-same
"Parting Gift"-same
"Not About Love"-same
Barenaked Ladies
"Maybe Katie"-Everything to Everyone
"Upside Down"-same
Tanya Tucker
"Down to My Last Teardrop"-20 Greatest Hits
Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five
"The Last Polka"-Ben Folds Five
"Philosophy"-same
"Song for the Dumped"-Whatever and Ever Amen
"Jane"-The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner
"THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEONE COOLER THAN YOU"-Sunny 16 (EP)
"Trusted"-Songs For Silverman
"You to Thank"-same
The Bouncing Souls
"Wish Me Well (You Can Go to Hell)"-Hopeless Romantic
The Doors
"Love Street"-Waiting for the Sun
The Commitments
"Try a Little Tenderness"-The Commitments
Megadeth
"1000 Times Goodbye"-The World Needs a Hero
I'll do some updates later.
6 comments:
what about 'you suck' by the Murmurs
don't ever forget "untouchable face" by ani difranco. possibly the best break up song ever - written for another woman but applicable to the opposite sex. nothing like an angry yet sorrowful *f*&k you*
give judy my notice by ben folds is also an amazing break-up song...
These are still soft... here are angry break up songs: songs that make you want to justify smashing something.
"Away From Me" by Puddle of Mudd
"Fade Away" by Diecast
"Ten Ton Brick" by Hurt
"Can't Heal You" by Five Finger Death Punch
"The Bleeding" by Five Finger Death Punch
-----And of course the Don of angry break up songs:
"Kim" by Eminem
these are good songs too:
"dickhead" by Kate Nash
"the garden" by Mirah
"goodbye" by Save Ferris
"not big" by lily allen... though i suppose it doesn't apply to everyone.
Post a Comment