Wednesday, May 09, 2007

AH, SMELL THE HYPOCRACY!

Dateline 2 weeks ago:

Interview for SPA (RA during the summer). Did fairly well. Told a decision would be made in a few days and a meeting held the following Wednesday.

Following Wednesday:

No notice of anything. Spend Wednesday at Open Studio Project for the kids from Y.O.U. and my group's show. And may I say that I rock at this place. Yes, there's room for improvement but I ROCK.

Last Thursday or Friday:

E-mail a reminder to the people from the interview that I haven't been notified (after a week of obsessively checking my e-mail and normal mail boxes) and that I'm guessing I didn't get the position but would appreciate being told either way.

Today:

E-mail a SECOND reminder to those from the interview and the person above them saying essentially the same thing but in slightly stricter language.

Hour later:

Get a reply saying I didn't get the job but they'd like me to apply for an office position (apply... not necessarily TAKE the position but to go through another application process).

I like it when an institution that demands me to be decently on top of things and to follow the rules to a T then flakes. Flakity flake flake flake.

What am I going to do for the summer? Head out to at least two open mics a week, begin volunteering at the VA hospital and volunteer with the Open Studio Project... all to get ready for my Grad School application for Art Therapy.

And yeah. I'm apparently abbrasive and "abrupt."

No comments: