So the 24 Podcast (or Fox's 24: CTU Weekly Debriefing because I like long names no one can remember) is going well. In my world views, extremely well. I've got some reviews up on iTunes and a guy who wants to set up a message board for the podcast.This all kicks ass.
But...
It also reinforces the importance of CONTENT when it comes to attracting an audience. Or just coming up with things to talk about. Television is something I've ALWAYS known about. Hell, it almost raised me (knew about a woman's period from The Cosby Show). Pop-culture is something I can talk about and that sticks in my mind like crazy but I've always hoped that I could talk about topics that were actually important.
Which brings me to the radio show.
More after jump.
So yeah, got a lil' drunk that last post. 4 drinks. But 4 drinks in Spongebob cups so it doesn't count so much. There's a review up on iTunes about the Embarrassing Outbursts/In the Loop podcast saying that it's worth a shot but still trying to find it's voice. Yep. That's about it. I'M still trying to find my voice. And the combination of all of this (podcasting, school, radio, sanity) is moving towards being overwhelming if I want to do them right.
Looked at the FREERADIOSAIC.ORG schedule and the other shows on the air currently. There are 2 other shows that aren't mainly music. Roughly two. I haven't heard the other two. That's bad. I really should if I want to feel decent about criticizing the workings of things. Even then, while I'm picking away at the structure of the station, I think I'm only shifting the blame off of myself for making a bad show.
If you make a bad radio show and no one listens, does anyone care?
It's not bad... It's NOT good except one or two shows. It's something that's made COMPLETELY by me. Yeah I use other people's podcasts or words sometimes but it's pieces that I'VE chosen and that I'VE DECIDED to put on to represent me. That's incredibly risky, I've just realized. Hmm.
Which brings me to the 24 podcast again. A woman from my Beginning Lithography class is listening to the podcast. Yesterday, she was telling me how she liked it and thought the same things about Edgar that I was saying (that he was in the bathroom masturbating to Chloe's ID badge) and it felt so WEIRD to me. Having someone outside my little computer recognizing it. The little recordings I do alone in my room looking out on State Street. I kinda don't know how to deal with it. The person I am when I write on this or when I record sometimes doesn't resemble who I am in the outside world AT ALL. It's more of a TRUE representation of me, but it's still so different. Attempting to reconcile the two versions of myself with one person who's seeing/hearing them both... it's difficult.
My writing is like my readings: I don't finish my damn thoughts. I need to do that. Also need to eradicate the use of "anyways," "um," "but," "like," and "and." It drives me insane when I listen to myself and YES I listen to my own podcasts but mainly to pick my voice apart.
That is all for right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment