Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Master Shake's Master Cleanse: Day 2

The OFFICIAL Day 2.

Still drinkin' the stuff. My eyes are burning less after I drink the lemonade so I guess that's good. Didn't drink the salt-water gross-out mix this morning. I mean, on an empty stomach you want me to drink a quart of watered down lens cleaner? Whatever. It's not pleasant.

More reasons as to why I'm doing this. I'm an addict of consumption. Your normal types of it to TV-DVD consumption. Watching whole seasons of a show in a day or so. Doing this strict cleanse forces me not to do that. Like a ground zero or baseline, drinking this shit and only this shit could be the equivalent of eating nothing. Not existing in the world of food. The world of snacks. The world of Starbucks (or lesser coffee giant).

Now that I'm thinking it through (and watching Season 2 of Alias), this cleanse could be a dietary brainwashing. You're hungry? Drink lemonade. You want popcorn? Drink lemonade. You want a steak? Drink lemonade. You want to make a nice dinner? Make some nice lemonade.

Today I haven't been craving any food. I've THOUGHT about food.

Okay, except in the afternoon. As a result of this cleanse thing and how it means I don't get any caffiene (and that temptation is easier to defeat when you're unconscious), I've taken to having late-afternoon/early evening chemically induced naps. Tylenol PM, not anything pricier. Evenings I've wanted to quit the whole thing, eat whatever the hell I want and bake a cake (which I would then eat). Lemonade? To quote GOB Bluth, COME ON!!!! Instead of going through it philosophically like the new-agey thing it's meant to be, I take a fucking nap. So yeah. Great health voyager I'm not. Maybe tomorrow I'll try going to the gym and running or something.

With no food to preoccupy (or satisfy) myself, all of the tasks I could/should be doing pop up. Some of those things include packing. Packing, eliminating items, and deciding to send a box back to Montana. Also got a credit card paid off which I'll attribute to the cleanse so next time a creditor calls me I can tell them I haven't paid because of the high price of lemons.

I'm just waiting for more days to go by so I can say/think "I haven't had any real food for blah-de-blah days." It'll make the feeling of giving up and eating a goddamn hamburger a more meaningful decision. Instead of a few days and a trip to Whole Foods it'll be giving up when I'm succeeding. When I'm winning. That's another reason I'm doing this, I believe. It's a challenge and a competition against myself.

1 comment:

RicketyFunk said...

I think it would be easier to drink the "sugary energy drinks" that Frylock makes for Meatwad.

"Shake, Frylock said poop."

"Poop... heh heh he... Blaugh!"
[vomiting up into the air]

Speaking of consumption, you should consider reading, "The War of Art." It's an interesting read for those so inclined to overcome the demon "resistance."