Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Day 16 of thing.

Yes. It's still going.

I've been watching a bunch of Writer's Guild of America strike videos. This is a guild that I wanted to (and kinda still want) to be a part of. This is an incredibly significant strike to be aware of and to participate however you can. It's not about actors not getting enough money. It's not about famous directors and producers. It's about one of the bottom of the barrel roles in entertainment: writers. Though that's where a story comes from... that's where the words actors come from... that's even where the story in REALITY programming comes from... writers still are on the bottom of the pile. That's one of the reasons why so many writers are now also producers/actors: to try to get some amount of power and financial reward and control over their words.

Intention: I open myself to the.... uh, internet and to.... uh, myself. I am honest and truthful and determined. I am creative and active and faithful. I work hard and am fully present in this process. I focus on the day in front of me and the choices I make now to feel good and ease my anxieties. I feel good about myself physically and mentally and live that way. I acknowledge the progress I have made in all these areas and in honor of them, I continue their progress. I breathe and create. I breathe and create. I exhale.

1 comment:

RicketyFunk said...

You were starting to sound crazy there for a while... different voices and stuff, talking...

This post sounds more like you on a saner level.

I finally drug my ass back to the gym last night after a week (and a half) away in Livingston. I missed you not being there. I had a lot of time to think about the past and the future.

... and I decided that the future is where I'm headed. Not the fucking past.

Breath and create. You sound like the singer in my band. (Except you actually produce.)