Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Marc Maron and Morning Sedition: I MISS YOU!!!

After watching 24 and blogging all about it on Monday, I got into a mood. I went back to my motel room here in Billings, tried some ideas for a 24 podcast, got discouraged and then decided to go iTunes digging. With no Wi-Fi, this was just going through my own music for old treasures forgotten about. Now as Morning Sedition looked like it was shutting down, I started saving the old episodes of the podcasts and played portions of the last few episode. My heart lept at the opening theme, the tension gathered as I waited to hear Maron's voice do the intro, and I grinned like the idiot I am when the show kicked into gear. An episode that I've listened to AT LEAST once already.

Oh my LORDY I miss that show. I'm not sure about any other Seditionists and how they're feeling, but this Air America Mornings ain't cutting it for me. The Rachel Maddow Show remains good but felt SO right in it's pellet-size from 5-6. There wasn't any filler or less than top grade material because THERE WASN'T ANY TIME FOR IT! It's not saying anything about the writers or Rachel Maddow herself, just by format. I'm looking for the "Nightly News"-size with Rachel and not the "Dateline"-sized.

Technorati Tags:

More after jump


Back to Morning Sedition and Marc Maron. I'm listening to Mark Riley. I am. He's a quality broadcaster. His voice is great to listen to. But so far, I don't feel like having a conversation with him or sitting in a coffee shop to overhear him talking to a friend in the corner. That's how I feel about Marc Maron. That's what I liked about the show! It didn't feel like a man in a bunker talking (Mike Malloy) or various people who would yell at me if I tried to say anything and just make me feel stupid (Majority Report, Randi Rhodes). Riley feels in between the two. The show seems to be taking on more of his own personality and interests (a sports report, drum music...uh...yeah) but there isn't the spark or energy that the morning show had with Maron.

Now, if News Daddy and Mark Riley had a show together.... That could make for some good conversation.

On to Marc Maron. Strangely, the next time I checked my e-mail after my Mourning Morning Sedition time I got this:



Sheeple-

I don't have much time but I just wanted to drop you all a dispatch. I will be on Conan O'Brien tonight, the 18th. (I just found out yesterday so I'm not holding out on you.) They flew me to NYC this morning.

"The Marc Maron Show" will launch from Los Angeles on the 13th of February. I'll let you know how you can get it as we get closer to the date. My CD should be out in a matter of days. The cats are starting to like each other and my wife and I are getting along.

I hope you are all well.

Maron



Aw. I can't catch Conan tonight but....aw!

SO, I've found nothing to replace Morning Sedition in the news/political department nor the comedy area either. Nor a radio show to intern for. I hope other Seditionists have found new homes and can advise me on where I can relocate.

No comments: