Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 5 of thing

Intention: I am focused on my day-to-day goals and remain present. I enjoy myself and other people's company while remaining on the track that I am on. I enjoy myself with exercise and activity am open and honest with myself.

Stomach says: ::YAWN:: We were up super late last night. What was THAT about? You kept us busy and happy with all that celery, carrots and snow pea stuff. Oh and diet coke. We like that. Though we were feeling a little upset. You're throwing all these changes at us and as soon as we get ready for them, you stay up till 7:00 am? Just because you're not at your home doesn't mean that you can ignore us. Because we WON'T BE IGNORED!!!! (hee hee, the small intestines and I LOVE Fatal Attraction. The large intestines HATE it. Mainly 'cause he used to have a thing for Glenn Close until he saw that movie. Now it gives him nightmares. And he never leaves his pet bunny alone).

Brain says: We did really well last night in terms of not drinking (even though we're allowed two glasses of wine this week) and munching on the carrots and celery. Are we allowed to eat those snow peas? Let it count as a vegetable or something. Good job on exercising already this morning! And yes, we enjoyed the hot bath. That was nice. We like hanging out at Pete's but we're a little worried that you're not going to keep up with the diet and stuff up there. Yes, I know we'll be going back downtown tonight probably but make sure that you keep us well supported. This is all really new and really scary for us. Losing weight, changing our lives, acting differently... this is all about growing up and being us being responsible for our own destiny and ourselves. We can't be responsible for other people decently unless we're doing okay with ourselves. You know that.

Me: I asked for support last night and sat through people talking down diets and stuff. Strangely more people talked down the diet than they did talk down the performance art/durational art pieces I was talking about.

Brain says: That's partially them being defensive about their own lives and well-being and then projecting it onto you.

Me: Yeah, I know.

Brain says: But we did good in regards to asking to change the subject, leaving the conversation and/or just staying put in what we're doing. Yeah, it caused some doubt and made you sad but that's another part of all this. That's part of the reason why this is more than just a weight-loss plan but also a "thing."

Me: A durational...performance art... therapeutic... creative process applied to more action related things.

Brain says: Yeah. That. And because you need to hear it, it's PERFECTLY ALRIGHT TO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS IS RIGHT NOW. Like that magnet you like says, "Live your way to the answers." Or something like that.

Me: Thanks Brain.

Stomach says: WE'RE SUPPOSED TO EAT NOW. WE WANT SALAD OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO EAT! THIS IS PART OF THE DEAL! YOU FEED US WHATEVER HEALTHY SHIT YOU WANT BUT YOU GIVE US LOTS OF IT! WE SAID LOTS!

No comments: