This is something that I decided to do to benefit my own political arguments with coworkers. Okay, just my boss. I like taking risks.
I want to know as much if not more about the enemy than I do about my own side. When talking to people who have voted republican for SO LONG or for the vague above the ballot ideas of VALUES or MORALS...when talking to people like this (my mother or many others in Montana) is so valuable to be able to show them and tell them is an informed way what the people and the party they have been voting for actually do to our government and nation.
So I made a little file folder in my favorites called Know Thy Enemy. If people read this blog, (doubtful...but if you do, give me a lil' self-esteem boost and write a comment) then hopefully I can pass along a little of this information about the other side. If the argument made against the republicans is unbiased as possible and FACT-based...it'll be easier to cut through the ignorance.
Here's something about the AFA getting their granny-panties in a bunch regarding a commercial that is a bit more forward about using sex to sell stuff....
Offended by Hardee's new "mechanical bull" ad? Take action here!
10/26/2004
Hardee's is airing an offensive commercial featuring a scantly clad woman riding a mechanical bull while eating a Hardee's hamburger.
As one member put it, "They have a young women suggestively riding a mechanical bull eating one of their thickburgers in a rather pornographic way."Another member said, "[The] woman is moaning and simulating sexual arousal."
Sadly, Hardee's and a few franchise owners have chosen to disregard the collective voices of thousands of concerned parents.Now contact your local Hardee's store manager or owner. Firmly, but politely, let your local Hardee's store representative know that you are offended that the Hardee's corporate office has shown absolutely no regard for your concerns.Ask him or her to speak to Hardee's corporate office on your behalf to pull the "mechanical bull" commercial. Please call today!
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment