I'm kind of lost here after the election. I know that it's an immensely common feeling right now. Jesus, the Air America banner says "We're here for you." How depressing is that?
Speaking of Air America (the liberal radio network and not the movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson....I can't imagine them in the same room in this age), Al Franken has admitted that Air America is basically adrift right now. It's good to admit it... but it just kills when I wake up or even go to sleep to Republican rantings on talk radio here in Billings. That's if I can even get to friggin' sleep.
Listening to Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy have been keeping me up at night...laying in my bed staring at my ceiling. I knew before the election that this would be hellish if Kerry lost. After putting so much emotional energy into becoming informed... This happens. Just like the Cubs. Or until this year, the Red Sox. Who do we fight now? Black box voting? Ourselves? The midwest? What?
For Christ's sake, ALL 11 STATES VOTED FOR THE GAY-MARRIAGE BAN!!! Jesus...why? The answer to my question is right there. Jesus. Misguided zealots. I can say that because my Dad's an Old Testament scholar...the good kind....the skeptical kind. As we all should be.
Bringing me to the topic of state issues, at least the democrats kicked some ass here. But even though dems have a majority in the Senate and Schweitzer's in the governor's house (please take down that Martz-likeness naked mural down as she's escorted out the door....PLEASE!!! She caused enough damage to the image of both women and Montana without having to be reminded of it long after she's gone)....
Where was I? Oh yeah.... Montana Democrats. It worries me that I don't know more about where they stand. Including Max Baucus. Montana Democrats just make me kind of queasy... Is that Democratic - the whole gay thing? All I know is that Schweitzer likes importing drugs through Canada...and that's about it. I hope and I wonder that there's a way to cultivate a democratic party image here in Montana. With Daschle out and Baucus not being shy about at least showing his face, there's a chance to showcase the strong democrats we've been hiding out here in the west. It's not evident in places like the Yellowstone Democratic Party Headquarters of course, but I think that Montana is a place where the image of a "young cool kids" party can be eliminated.
Now I get to go back to work at Carmike and face the repubicans that I've been arguing with over the past few weeks. Grrrreat.
Thursday, November 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment