I really want to call Conrad Burns' office to see if he voted for the indictment-exemption rule...him and Rehberg. Two men who I don't like at all.
The reason I'm nervous to talk about it is that it has curious timing with the Clinton Center opening. In my rehearsals of arguments, my talkback-instinct responds to the DeLay thing with, "Democrats had a president who was impeached... you're still bitching about that, so what makes DeLay so different?"
My next instinct is to say, "The reasons behind Clinton's impeachment were stemming from political spinning of a personal issue unlike DeLay who was manhandling the election system by redistricting like Monica manhandled...well, man handled."
Maybe that's the response I need to be working on.
With the Clinton thing, check out Sarah Vowell's chapter in "The Partly Cloudy Patriot" about her reccommendations to Clinton about handling the Monica-issue. I wonder what she thinks about the museum's treatment of his presidency.
Next "Know Thy Enemy" tidbit straight from the Home of Persecution. (really, the top of the page says Persecution/ Home)
From James Dobson's Focus on the Family site
Christians are persecuted more today than they than at any time prior to the 20th century. They are also currently the most persecuted religious group in the world, and persecution has intensified during the past several years. Torture, enslavement, rape, imprisonment and killings are among the atrocities perpetrated upon believers around the world.The purpose of this page is to raise Christians awareness of international persecution and help them learn what they can do about it.
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment