Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Mental Health Center.

So I got a case manager from the Billings Mental Health Center. Besides the obvious weird feelings I have about it (having dated a guy who works as a case manager at the Livingston Mental Health Center...these people don't have it all together themselves) I knew that the afternoon was positively DOOMED because as I walked into her office the FIRST thing I saw was a W04 sticker on her bulletin board. I won't even mention the abundance of crosses and Jesus related items along her walls.

Now, I'm poor. I readily admit that. Hell, I'm an art student who works at a movie theater as lower management and makes 5.50 a fucking hour. That's pretty piss poor. But my parents help out in more ways than they probably should. So I'm poor with cc debt but not exactly starving.

This case manager barely asks me anything about myself but immediately jumps into what she's learned from my chart (though she would prove later that she obviously didn't read it close enough) and starts going into me getting on food stamps, federal assistance, etc. This woman who says she's very stringent in her conservative beliefs is telling me to get on food stamps.

She's a fucking wack-job.

I started another blog about how much the mental health center sucks. More so, how so many aspects of the mental health community are just complete failures. I've had lots of these experiences having been misdiagnosed with bi-polar disorder by lazy doctors for three years, starting at New York University.

mhcsucks.blogspot.com

No comments: