The opponent would just attack his military record saying that even though he single handedly defeats a Cuban boatload of Covenant forces and the Flood, he failed miserably to save the captain of the ship...resulting in the end to killing him!!! Supposedly to END his MISERY!!!
Yeah, my brother's playing Halo on the sepia-toned television (coaxial cables are all f**ked up...everything is coming up sepia) and I'm listening to a repeat of Randi Rhodes on AirAmerica (again, the radio station...not the movie). God, she's talking about the voting machines again.
Now, I totally understand why the voting machines are a big deal...especially for the Dems who are TRULY resilient... like our polar opposites of Rush and Hannity. I think the reason that I don't have as much interest in it is that I heard about the controversy SO LONG AGO.
If anyone actually reads this (had my first comment. YEA! Now feeling pressure to perform. Crap. Average town for a woman is 20 minutes... Hmm) ....that's right.....um.... right, if anyone reads this go to thisamericanlife.com.
Great show period. Look in the archives for a show titled "The Annoying Gap Between Theory and Practice." That was the first time I heard about the voting machines and how the way to fix them was by using paper... Again, how to fix the solution to paper ballots is by using paper. And Jack Hitt (a contributing editor to This American Life) does a fantastic job pointing out that puzzle. Great segment. Great show.
The show from last week is also amazing...though it's really hard for me to listen to it now. (listen to shows for free, pay on Audible.com to download them) The show was about the undecided voter and who they are, what they are thinking, and why they haven't decided. Ira Glass's first interview is GREAT and the final act about a man going around his neighborhood for John Kerry...it ends in a hopeful way. Bringing politics down to the basic and comfortable idea of people on a front porch talking to each other. It sounds so safe and so positive, regardless of the outcome. I should just listen to that act. I could use a little lift.
Speaking of lift, I have yet to see Alfie and it's killing me (as well as Krista, another relief manager). Jude Law in those nice closely cut suits. Hmmm.
Going back to electronic voting (remembered what I thought of yesterday)....in my county, Yellowstone, we vote using the Opti-scan method. I have plenty of experience with this method because I attended school for some time between the 3rd grade and college. Christ, has anyone NOT ever used a #2 pencil-fill-in-the-damn-dot test in school or some arena? If it's good enough for my goddamn SATs then why not the election? More pointedly, if it's how the Bush Administration feels our public schools should be graded by, teachers be fired by, schools be funded by...then why not the f**king election!
I hate stupid and unneccesary complications. They suck and just make me hate mankind and simultaneously want to fix it.
Random thoughts of what I need to do so that when I look at this tomorrow morning, I'll actually get off my ass and DO THESE THINGS!!!
-paper edit of the Dave Brubeck cds (an NPR thing the station manager wants me to cut together in time for Veteran's Day. cut 2 hrs to one. Freaking out that I've screwed it up already by waiting until after the election to work on it....I don't want Marvin freaking out on me. Really....Really....Don't)
-give Andrew his list of assignments to get my SAIC application done by NOVEMBER FRIGGIN 15th!!!
-don't freak out.
Halo 2 comes out soon...very soon.
Saturday, November 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment