Can you imagine being the child of James Carville and Mary Matalin? God, they don't look at each other on the air and when Carville's talking, the camera shows in the two-shot her fevorishly scribbling on her pad...scribbling what I can only assume is a tally of the number of days she will withhold sex from him. I can't stand either of these people. Or the host. It reminds me of Jon Stewart's comment on Crossfire, "Stop hurting America." This kind of "dialogue" does not accomplish anything. All it is is:
Question
Spin A
Spin B
Question
Spin B
Spin A
etc. etc. etc. There's barely any clarification of facts...of viewpoints. That's what these shows should actually be. Two people talking to a host...both with files and computers in front of them to be used to look up their points...show the research...who DID the research.
A host of these shows should be able to throw facts and evidence at either side...left or right. Challenging each of them, saying "I have this. It proves you incorrect. What do you say about that?"
There has to be some point at which the conversation goes like this....
a. Your facts are incorrect. Here are my facts which are more validated. They prove that I am right.
b. I'm corrected. Your point does have more proof. I am wrong.
c. I see your point and you have very substantial evidence for it. Before I admit fault though, I must do a bit more research and check my facts. Thank you for pointing this out to me.
Those are my dreams....
Monday, November 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"The misunderstanding of one's true ability and calling in art is the strongest obstacle in the further development of an [artist]. It is a blind alley in which he spends dozens of years until he realizes his mistake" --Stanislavsky
Post a Comment