
This was me on the bus up to Madison yesterday. And I sent this pic to my ex-boyfriend with a text message.
Ah, what the modern day has reduced relationships to.
Needless to say, I was much happier at the concert. Spent some good time with my best friend. Saw lots of clever little Madison college students.
What the FUCK is up with the mo-peds?!? I walked past the BIKE RACKS where kids usually meet up to fight and there were a dozen and a half mo-peds blocking them in!!! Ridiculous!
And the corner store where this cool middle aged guy was working (normal regular guy running a store, dirty plaid shirt, etc.)...this store had a sign on the door saying "NO SEGWAYS." Is this a problem? What the hell is going on there?
So the next time I see a normal person riding a segway (not a Millenium Park security guard nor one of those over-expensive tours) this is what will happen for the good of everyone involved.
I will run across the street putting my life in danger and tackle the schmuck OFF THEIR FUCKING SEGWAY to the GROUND. Then I will punch them. In the neck. I'll say " SEE? YOU CAN FALL OFF ONE OF THOSE THINGS!"
Them on the ground will be less embarrassing then the vision of them riding one of those Gob-from-Arrested-Development-walking-punchline-HORRIBLE MACHINES. GOD. Those things are ridiculous.
Just saw an Operation Truth commercial on CNN showing flag draped coffins. I like the balls of Operation Truth AND CNN for putting that on.
As I was waiting in line for Ben Folds, a small protest went down State Street for the 2000 death point of the Iraqi war. If only the people so opposed to the war and the administration could just LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE. Protesting in New York, Madison, whatever. Go where people THINK EVERYTHING IS FINE!!! And don't just protest...talk to them and bring them to the same conclusion! Making a noise out there in the mid-west (I don't count Madison as the mid-west) where elections are now won would have the impact of a bomb going off. Protesting down State Street or down Broadway in New York...just another voice in the crowd or choir. Go where people AREN'T thinking about these issues. Or don't fully understand them. Show them that the anti-war or anti-Bush movement isn't this pseudo-highly intellectual personification of the infamous New Yorker cartoon with the map of the U.S.
You know one reason why the midwest is Red? Because the Left has serious image problems, some real some all in the P.R.
When I was dating the guy in New York, I was at a nice party and we started discussing national politics. And it stretched out to the way of life of people in metropolitan areas (not really...just New York people) and everybody else. Being from Montana and living in smaller cities for most of my life...I couldn't BELIEVE the casual condescension in the air. I got pissed! THESE are the thoughts and actions that people pray on and exploit to energize the more surburban or rural voters. And it pisses me off so much (not only because my ex-boyfriend is one of those who look down upon the non-metropolitans including ME)...it pisses me off because these feelings ACTUALLY EXIST. It's ridiculous and the fault of everyone.
I need to go lay down. Getting too riled up thinking about this.
Go Sox! (Cubs...you better make it next year)
No comments:
Post a Comment