Featured out of three that were submitted to fnewsmagazine. Out of the student body of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. God DAMN can't we shorten that name some and have people still understand where the hell I'm at.
So I'm sitting here in my dorm apartment smoking cigarrettes and watching NBC. The first OFFICIAL broadcast of "In The Loop" will air tomorrow. (I also have a shitload of work to get caught up on, therapy appointment in the morning, and my mom and brother are leaving town Thursday and want to see me tomorrow night. Woo-Hoo!)
I'm pretty pissed that they haven't turned the heat on in 162 North yet. Friggin' freezing at night.
Oh God. I mean... Literally, Oh God!
Just switched through some channels and saw Kirk Cameron. An old(er) Kirk Cameron. The Bible Kirk Cameron. It's some gospel-mercial for a Christian website. Some dry looking Australian. This is an educational show about how to be a better Evangelist. And they're shooting it in an abandoned warehouse. Discussing the difference between "baring false witness" and "discretion." They're presenting this like a pyramid scheme regarding sins. Now which version of the Bible are they speaking of? And saying that God is perfect and his word is perfect? So...the writers of the Bible never contradicted themselves? Now Kirk Cameron is making a girl cry. Bad Kirk Cameron. Mean Kirk Cameron with his leading questions. Anyways this leads me to...
Pat Robertson says that the "End of Days" has begun and he's not talking about the movie....though that would also be bad. I'm not sure exactly where he said this (tried Googling it but just came up with other strange CBN stuff) but I've heard it quoted in a few broadcasts. The idea being that the recent mudslides, fires, earthquakes, and hurricanes are the start of...something with a serpent and a multi-headed....lion? Taking the book of Revelations and interpreting it to say that THIS is the beginning of the metaphor "acid-trip"-like imagery the book presents is difficult and ridiculous. And where does Hugo Chavez fit into this?
Going to watch "The Office" and wait for my therapist to call. BTW, looking forward to the indictments in the next few weeks from the CIA leak-investigation. Woo-Hoo!
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
THE OFFICE is such a good television program
Yeah I always hate trying to say all the words in the school's name when people ask me where I go to school. bleh.
My favorite is still the british version. Fantastic.
i've never seen the british version..... where can i see that?
It's sold as a big 2 season package (2 seasons and 2 Christmas specials) at most retail stores. It's sold separately as well but since that's all they made of the series, it's worth going for the big package. 6 episodes a season plus the specials. Steve Carell is great but...Ricky Gervais is amazing.
Post a Comment