Sunday, June 04, 2006

Grand National Championship

The show... well, kinda sucked. It's strange, really. When I do a podcast alone in my little room I feel so connected to people listening. Partially because I KNOW people ARE listening. When I do anything from the radio station studio, my concentration and enthusiasm just plummet. And that's partially because I KNOW people AREN'T listening. It's really frustrating for someone who's just trying to get their broadcasting feet underneath them.

And the station says, "Advertise! Put out flyers! Go to clubs!" and that's never really applied to me. Standing outside a club with flyers advertising a talk radio show (my show from last year) isn't interesting in the good way. More in the sad way.

There's just not a lot of support, in MY opinion. Support from the staff. Support from the advisor. Support from the school. The station isn't what it should be nor what it COULD be. And it's far from "experimental." I don't think anyone could define how the station's experimental besides it hardly being on and the experiement is IF we can get listeners.

Again... podcasting. But damnit, I need someone from Chicago who's interested in some of this stuff to team up with me and get crackin'. It's not that I desperately NEED a co-host, but that I need to start interacting with more people...in real life. So sayeth my therapist. And me.

Okay. Going to sleep now. Hope to wake up tomorrow with a RSS update from Hanso. :)

Nighty night folks.

No comments: