Friday, June 23, 2006

Tony Snow's gonna get rapped on the knuckles

Click on the title.

Hee-hee!

Okay, not as good as I thought it was going to be but still...

Well, try this then....

O'Reilly forgets people REMEMBER the stupid things he says. Some even bring transcripts.

Okay, THAT one! THAT! ONE! Makes me go hee-hee! Ha. Ha ha ha ha ha. And I'm suddenly taking sides with Chicago newspapers. Wow, I love Clarence Page all of a sudden. Wow. I'm never goin' back.

And O'Reilly suddenly reminds me GOB Bluth.

(I'm watching this for the first time as I read it)

He almost said bull-shit! He almost said it!

Page accuses him of McCarthyism! Not accuses, POINTS IT OUT!


Side note regarding this question: Still, I have to ask, would you rather be free of the Patriot Act and risked being blown up, or not?

Obviously have to say that the two are not directly related to each other. Patriot Act does not equal "not getting blown up." But that's obvious. To answer it... No. I think changes and special provisions needed to be enacted after September 11th... that we were awfully late to take into consideration domestic terrorism. The changes should've been put into place after Oklaholma City. What those changes ARE... how FAR they go... how opaque or transparent the government is about the regulations... Those are important and with all of Bush's signing statements, secret military black ops prisons, Verizon giving the Government my phone records (Hmmm, it seems that a day after she calls this number her bank account goes up. Either parents giving her money or TERRORIST!), and the general "We know better than you do but don't trust the people who TALK like they know as much if not more than you do"-assfaceiness.... I'm not going to let the guy who everyone'd like to have a beer with enact secret measures to monitor AND/OR protect me. I'd rather let the guy/woman who sounds or has PROVEN that they know what the fuck they're doing.... rather let THAT Patriot construct his or her own act.

And any anger there is NOT directed at Jack, but at the ether. I'm in my mid-20s. It's not like my anger towards the government is going to focused or anything?

p.s. I love Jack. (Bauer and Mansteak)

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
k.barrick said...

Wow. You write big thing. Big thing scare me. Me run. Fire bad.

Carrying on, the Patriot Act is SOLD and FRAMED like it is critical to saving American lives. I don't believe that. It's a tool. Negative or positive, but a tool amongst many.

And actually, me saying "No" is actually more conservative than what you said. I shocked myself saying it. As an avid Air America listener, I've heard that Benjamin Franklin quote about 1,000 times now.

My key issue is transparency. If they're going enact a giant PR-drenched intel-police state, then the government should be as see-through as Montana air. Partially to know what's going on and also to have checks and balances.

And to the idea of "We can't tell the terrorists how we're monitoring them because then they'd know and it wouldn't work" I call bullshit.

And now I'm going to go back to writing stuff about LOST because I SWORE a friend that I'd be doing that for ALL of today and I haven't. Right now, all lost, all the time (until sleepytime).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RicketyFunk said...

See-through like a sexy dress worn at the Grammy's?

Then they'd be high-priced prostitutes. Oh, wait, they already are. Self/friend-serving bastards.

I think the hat isn't tipped yet. Give it time...(and then when people actually start to take action it'll be too late and we'll end up living in some 28 days later scenario of sorts with rabid fascist anti-terrorism cops beating the shit out of anyone who says a word that isn't "Hail (satan) Bush!")