First, isn't this guy a bad guy?
As a person who grew up in the 80s, I have a vague almost-fairy tale like knowledge of who these people are. But, isn't he bad? He looks like a personification of the Big Bad Wolf, but besides the physicality.... isn't he bad?
Watching the C-SPAN coverage of the Gold Star Mothers Day or something in Washington. Oh, Rally to Honor Military Families. Okay. Great idea. But how this has been set up to coincide with Cindy Sheehan's participation with an Anti-War Protest...it's obviously a political move to "answer" and minimize her affect. Also, since their September 11th Freedom March or something was covered up by REAL news of Hurricane Katrina.
I'm watching G. Gordon Liddy and it's funny. I wish it could be graphed or something. He's simultaneously praising America for being able to have free speech, a country where Cindy Sheehan can stand up and speak (okay, he phrased it as "whoring out her son") her viewpoints...WHILE saying that she should move to North Korea where she "would be more at home" and stand up there and speak how Kim Jong Il is "a bad man."
Oh, also saying how she and the rest of the anti-war movement are not only against the troops and the country...but idiots.
Yes, this wonderful country allows The Big Bad Wolf to stand and insult everyone involved in these peace-driven movements.
But COME ON!!!
Can't there ACTUALLY be a rally that celebrates Military Families that DOESN'T divide, that actually UNITES these brave families that have so much in common...that actually celebrates this sacrifice rather than insult anyone who's not on their own political side? And I'm speaking about the anti-war movement protests as well, though I will say that I did not watch much of their coverage.
Can't there be an EVENT where the intention of these protests and rallies is ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED???
It's sad. Sad for me and sad for the country, I believe. I'm imagining "the Country" as being this wall-flower type character sitting on the side of dance floor with her hands holding her chin and letting out a deep almost defeated sigh.
Sunday, September 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment