Alas, you will not find it here. Not that I don't HAVE those kind of pictures... But I digress.
So again. The Emmys are over and I was more excited about Mitch Hurwitz plugging the season premiere of Arrested Development tomorrow night then just about anything else. Watching Jon Stewart win some awards was nice as well.
Something is disturbing though. It's increased since I saw the Daily Show in New York in August, but their staff is all guys. All guys. And for a show that was was at least co-created by a woman, it really seems unjust. It either proves that the sterotype is TRUE that women are not funny or is just a continuance of said stereotype. As a woman who has mostly hung out with guys for most of her social life and can even make a few of them BLUSH...I have to say I feel a little shut out. Yes, the women of SNL currently are the best part of the show and Tina Fey is the first female head writer that they've had...but I'm not too fond of SNL right now and haven't been for the past 10 or so years since Goat boy came to be.
So what does this mean. Do I even find women funny? Sarah Silverman. She I find hilarious. She is the extreme opposite of the stereotype of women and "comedianes." Can't wait to see her film and glad as hell I live in Chicago, a city with a big enough culture to show a film like that. But besides her....can't really think of any. Maybe that "Queen of Mean" woman who was on the Pamela Anderson roast. (Side note: How shitty was that show? Their first woman is Pam Anderson? Sure I like her articles in JANE, but Pam Anderson!!! Great. And the quality of the speakers was just as bad as the Friar's selection)
I mean, COME ON!!! I've got a great pair of breasts on me but why can't you hear or listen to some funny shit coming out of my mouth WHILE oggling them? I've worked in bars. I'm used to it. As long as someone gets to hear my thoughts, rants, jokes, opinions while they oggle...I'm good!
Now as long as no one touches my 'stash.
Watching Sealab 2021. Hesh wants sex!
'Night folks.
Monday, September 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment