So it's taking me a bit but I think my proposal for a radio show on the school station is almost complete. Here's the idea:
During this summer, I became confident about one thing: I know a lot. It may not be completely relevant and useful information, but I have a lot of it. In addition, most is information that a lot of others (including my fellow art students) don't know for one reason or another. Ironically, it's information that would go towards grounding a lot of people in reality and society. So I want to put together this show in order to say what I DO know and to find out about things that I DON'T know. To say that there isn't anything wrong with humility in regards to knowledge. That's when a person actually gets find new things out. Also, knowledge without humilty equals condescention (sp).
The show would combine a summary of world and national news gathered from the web, magazines, radio, newspapers, and cable news. A combination of sources that no one could cover by themselves. In between news segments would be interviews with students, faculty, and other personalities letting them share their knowledge of specific events (be them extremely regional like the asbestos suits in Libby, MT to the national like another student's experience at the Live8 concerts in the UK).
Another key element is to open people up to expressing their opinions and to understand others'. One element that cripples my generation and generation Y is the inability to actually DISCUSS opinions and not blast theirs out and not listening to another's. Understanding is key. It is key to coexisting as well as changing someone else's mind. Our elders don't inspire us to understand nor set the example. Many things just become too big and complicated to even participate in the discussion. This will prevent us from making the changes necessary for our society to survive.
So that's the idea. When I've told people I know at school about it, they seem to think it's good. For some reason, whenever I mention it to anyone related to me....I feel as if I've suddenly started speaking my own twin language but without a twin. We'll see how it turns out. Or IF it turns out, I suppose.
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment