Friday, September 23, 2005

Loving "Lost"


Although I had read the spoilers TWICE on Aint-It-Cool-News....I watched the episode anyways. Didn't watch pretty much the entire season this past year but knew that it was becoming this cultural phenomenon so it deserved some of my Wednesday night rerun watching time this summer. Liked the episodes...but knew that the tension between episodes was what would really draw me in. And....that has happened.

This guy living in a 'lil Bio-Dome-like 70s apartment with Mama Cass playing and protein shakes being made???!!!???

I know I'll never get the answers. I lived through the best years of the X-Files and stopped watching when they GAVE ME answers. It wasn't interesting anymore with the reveals of the Cigarrette Smoking Man and the Syndicate blowing up or something. And one of their best writers (Emmy award winning) left and took a lot of the dry wit with him. So I believe I'm prepared for loving "Lost." I'll accept their shortened answers to the audience's questions.

"What's the black rock?"
"A ship."
"Okay. So what's the Black Rock?"
"I already told you. A ship. Next question."

It's an enjoyable version of watching the daily State Department Briefings. Coming up with something for a question and deciding that it's the answer. When people ask you to clarify or to ACTUALLY ANSWER THE QUESTION, you refer them back to your "answer."

Hell, I might need to give those State Department Briefings another chance now. BTW, you can get them on iTunes now as a podcast. Listening to it might drive you crazy but... probably not worse off than you were before.

No comments: