Friday, November 04, 2005



Been listening to the soundtrack I have tonight while I put together Halloween bags for class tomorrow. Went to see the show when I was in New York (at the beginning of the ill-fated relationship). I have such a strange relationship to this show because I first got into it (REALLY into it) when I lived in fairly rural Livingston, MT.



That's from the highway, but you get my drift. I would sing this soundtrack out in the alleyway of my job (wearing a SMOCK with EMBRODIERY on it) on my smokebreaks. Being here in this immense urban setting and going back to it; It's flashback material.

Being 26 and living in a dorm primarily filled with 18 year olds, I think of these lyrics:

I wish I could go back to college.
Life was so simple back then.
What would I give to go back and live in a dorm with a meal plan again.
I wish I could go back to college.
How do I go back to college.
But if I were to go back to college
think what a loser I'd be.
I'd walk through the quad and think "Oh my God!
These kids are so much younger than me"

Wish me luck about actually GETTING to my class tomorrow without freaking out on the way there.

No comments: