
This is my face when I was watching this
God's Interns. Click on the video links on the right
More after the jump...
I started listening to it on the Nightline podcast (which sucks since they changed formats and they CERTAINLY need to put chapters on the podcast now). First, "God's Interns" is an intriguing title. So while listening, I went over to the Nightline site and watched the video which is WEIRD. CRAZY WEIRD.
This segment, which is a part of a larger series called "Faith Matters," is what would fall into the "Fox affect" category. It's a valuable idea, but how the host phrases it is "Faith MATTERS" as in it's important and not important issues in modern day faith. So my problem with it isn't that covering such stories is WRONG and should be left to crazy CBN people, but actually just how Cynthia McFadden phrased it. Discussion of religion and matters OF faith I'm DEFINITELY into (it's in my blood!) but not in this skimming the surface kind of way. They don't ask what affect they think they're having on the court, what compelled them to come to Washington and shake with the spirit of God, or how they're living while being "interns." The only real question is what one kid's parents think about the internship. That's ALL!
This story should CERTAINLY be on CBN and NOT on Nightline. And I HATE the fact that they're doing the hosting from Times Square. Nightline is not a show that should have this glitzy over-active background while discussing important events. You're in NY, BIG DEAL! I don't care.
When did Times Square become a symbol of journalistic integrity?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment