From CNN, the Democratic Amendment discussed yesterday by Levin, Durbin, and Minority Leader Reid was just voted down in the Senate. And because my viewership has expanded by at least one distinguished member of my academic career, I will clarify my opinion of the Democrats. I am one so...
The Democrats are getting better. There are people out there doing a damn good job with just not enough support behind them. I (HEART) Carl Levin. And Dick Durban and Harry Reid actually. And my Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer.
I just came from a relationship in New York. So there's that. But besides the whole relationship deal, my experiences really illuminated the misconceptions from one part of the country to another that have led to Blue Coast lines and Red Middle ground. The hunters working at drug stores in Montana thinking that "We should just kill all the rag heads. The whole region is just a mess" are in the same ostrich hole in the sand as Metropolitan Intellectuals who think that anyone who lives outside a city is an under-educated mis-guided subhuman who has yet to discover the GLORIOUS WONDER that is brie. This stands out so monstrously from the Left because part of the very idea of being a liberal is being more accepting and all-encompassing. I don't think this opinion is open and outright (no pun intended) in the political leaders of either party, but it seeps through the speech and politics of either side only to further polarize either side in the process! So. Yeah. Great love to the Democrats. But a couple of wake-up pills in there too. More to the people behind the guys in Washington than the senators themselves.
And I think Pete should go to work for his cousin and get him better backdrops.
Love ya Pete.
No comments:
Post a Comment